[libcaca] Re: Libcaca in cygwin (sorry if repost)

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Richard H Lee
<ricardohenrylee@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry if this is a repost, I forgot to subscribe
>
> Hi,
>
> I can compile libcaca successfully in cygwin.
>
> The examples run fine from bash in window's cmd console, but they won't run
> on mintty or when connecting to cygwin through sshd. This is my main
> problem. I think it is because they are mintty and sshd use pseudo
> terminals.
>
> I don't think it is a problem with mintty or sshd because when I use mintty
> to ssh to my Ubuntu box and run the demos from there, they work fine.
>
> When I compiled libcaca, I checked the config.log and configure found
> windows.h and AlloConsole in it. However it did not detect conio.h . I get
> the feeling libcaca is detecting parts of the Windows environment and
> compiling itself as a win32 program.
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

1.  What's at least one Google query URL that didn't get you any results?  :)

2.  What's your use case -- why do you want to use libcaca?

3.  Please send us the full output of ./configure

4.  Please send us the full output of ./configure --help

Cheers,
--unforgettableid