[libcaca] Re: cute utility to invert strings

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:

> I realize this is a bit off-topic, since it does not seem to use libcaca, but
> i thought you might enjoy it still: http://www.revfad.com/flip.html takes
> an ASCII string and uses Unicode turned small letters to rotate the string,
> very similar to libcaca. for example: INPUT: Hello, <libcaca@lists.zoy.org>!
> Prepare to be reversed! turns into: ¡pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐdǝɹd
> ¡<ƃɹo˙ʎoz˙sʇsıl@ɐɔɐɔqıl> 'ollǝɥ :ʇnduı another round turns
> that back into: input: hello, ! prepare to be reversed! Note that it converts
> to lowercase to better fit the available Unicode characters.

   Yeah, this is the kind of service that I had in mind when I wrote the
rotation filters in libcucul. TOIlet has direct support for it:

% toilet -f term -F rotate
INPUT: Hello, <libcaca@lists.zoy.org>! Prepare to be reversed!
¡pəsɹəʌəɹ əq oʇ əɹɐdəɹP ¡<ᵷɹo'ʎoz'sʇsᴉȷ@ɐɔɐɔqᴉȷ> ´oȷȷəH :TՈPNI
% tr A-Z a-z | toilet -f term -F rotate