[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libcaca] Re: patch for cocoa driver and two improved unicode -> ascii conversions
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [libcaca] Re: patch for cocoa driver and two improved unicode -> ascii conversions
- From: "Ben Wiley Sittler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:59:58 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=/w5wSP8z3EgxOSizZRp+6MOYVc9UyZuQ6irJIztYyxI=; b=w8B4dBEVJGcJaangq/cVL3qlw6AqzpVDtr39yHZ7Hqo3CwfkxG6F4CC36XoQBJcryrKt3nXjPU+QEtoZaDAZQ4v4gY7TfrQyeEl2uMLMmpuBFWwq3tjAMW9Xb3ZcJSO5Ek4xZRdNX14m5CM2baqltGbpXRjb1G+/EgZxhU96yHk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=WltgLHEEHmNQt+PdujtKkgV1QzDzDzBzttHmDobav5q/rAojUmIPPmd7OsFTiryc0BmmyIY9pAF31TQSWxJnkB6mkCbHicVp/kDa8cO5qvY02glYtDDETNfVJe0GWzwiTZ0NMsOdv4BYJ7rMI6qKlNP33T9G4JMKdV69RRYKfPQ=
- In-reply-to: <20071207191355.GS26136@zoy.org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20071207191355.GS26136@zoy.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Dec 7, 2007 11:13 AM, Sam Hocevar <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:
> > a few minor libcaca internals changed recently, breaking the cocoa
> > driver. also, there are two improved unicode->ascii conversions:
> > http://zoehep.xent.com/~bsittler/libcaca-trunk-1424.diff
> Thanks, both patches applied. Your name now appears 12 times in the
> SVN logs, would you maybe want an account? They're free, and you can do
> whatever you want (except complain when your changes are refactored
> beyond all recognition for arbitrary reasons).
That sounds reasonable. What do I need to do to set it up?
> > p.s. the paper on quantization is awesome. i look forward to built-in
> > font support (in the style of toilet) and font optimizations, since i
> > guess they may be coming soon!
> Yeah, you're guessing correctly. Ideally, the image-to-text algorithm
> should be a combination of halftoning, block error diffusion, photographic
> mosaics, all this in real time. It has never been done at this scale and
> I still don't really know what the final thing will be like. I'm mostly
> writing the document to understand what I'm doing.
That makes sense. It's also a nice reference for anyone else working
on this problem or related ones, so I think it will be read by others
too, once it is made public.
This is the libcaca mailing-list, see http://libcaca.zoy.org/
Trouble unsubscribing? Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>
List archives are at http://libcaca.zoy.org/list/