[libcaca] Re: patch for cocoa driver and two improved unicode -> ascii conversions

On Dec 7, 2007 11:13 AM, Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:
> > a few minor libcaca internals changed recently, breaking the cocoa
> > driver. also, there are two improved unicode->ascii conversions:
> >
> > http://zoehep.xent.com/~bsittler/libcaca-trunk-1424.diff
>
>    Thanks, both patches applied. Your name now appears 12 times in the
> SVN logs, would you maybe want an account? They're free, and you can do
> whatever you want (except complain when your changes are refactored
> beyond all recognition for arbitrary reasons).

That sounds reasonable. What do I need to do to set it up?

> > p.s. the paper on quantization is awesome. i look forward to built-in
> > font support (in the style of toilet) and font optimizations, since i
> > guess they may be coming soon!
>
>    Yeah, you're guessing correctly. Ideally, the image-to-text algorithm
> should be a combination of halftoning, block error diffusion, photographic
> mosaics, all this in real time. It has never been done at this scale and
> I still don't really know what the final thing will be like. I'm mostly
> writing the document to understand what I'm doing.

That makes sense. It's also a nice reference for anyone else working
on this problem or related ones, so I think it will be read by others
too, once it is made public.

-Ben