[libcaca] Re: [libcaca-svn] toilet: svn commit r102 (sam)

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007, Jean-Yves Lamoureux wrote:
> Jean-Yves Lamoureux wrote:
>
> > Are these font free ? (I mean, they are redered from any CC/PL/Whatever
> > license, or you wrote them, or what ?)
> > (by free I mean WTFPL compatable)
>
> Ok my keyboard sucks. Are these fontS free ? (blah blah reNdered) (blah
> blah compatIble)

   Yeah, they are free. A bitmap rendering of a font (be it free or not)
does not qualify for copyright. US Copyright office only considers a
font copyrightable when it is a computer program, ie. a vector font. You
can read about it on http://nwalsh.com/comp.fonts/FAQ/cf_13.htm

Cheers,
--
Sam.