[libcaca] Re: updated patches for libcaca

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:

> * caca/driver_x11: fixed data for left and right tee
>
> * cucul/transform.c: add flip, flop, and rotate data for addition
> cp437 box drawings

   Thanks, I'll apply them.

> abc
> -+-
> d|e
>
> becomes
>
> a|d
> b+-
> c|e
>
> note that the '|' and '-' are interchanged, and so are box drawings
> and some other characters. does this seem useful for libcucul? is it
> there already and i missed it?

   This sounds useful (to the extent that anything in libcucul can be
considered useful, of course). There are a few reasons why we haven't
implemented that yet:

  * it changes the canvas size, hence needs reallocation and cannot be
    easily done in-place.
  * given that character cells are not square, it is not clear to me
    whether a source line should be mapped to one or two destination
    columns.
  * (related to the previous) I wouldn't know what to do with fullwidth
    characters.

  Anyway, cucul_rotate_left() and cucul_rotate_right() make sense.

Cheers,
--
Sam.