[libcaca] Re: libcaca in mplayer -mingw32

Borg No. One wrote:

Hi.

I am not talking about the Win32 demos.

Here:
+ http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/images/shot26.jpg
+ http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/images/shot-x11-caca-aa-01.jpg
you can see, how libcaca was used with mplayer (linux).

I just would like to know, which steps are necessary to reach this feature
in Win32.

As seen on http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/info.html , "Supported Video Output Devices [...] /caca:/ text mode rendering in color".
So driver is already part of mplayer.
What you need next is to compile libcaca from source under mingw32, then to compile mplayer with appropriate options.

If you are looking for binaries, as said, I guess noone ever spreaded binaries for win32, and if you are looking for complete command lines to compile everything from scratch, I guess won't find much people.

(Use debian, default repository includes libcaca and effects, and well-known repository distributing mplayer has building libcaca output support)

Anyway, good luck ;)

--
Jean-Yves Lamoureux