[libcaca] Future plans for a more general purpose userinterface?

Hi,

the subject says it. I'm looking for an AA-library to build an drawing
program for the console on.
I've "patched" another one built ontop of ncurses. This one can be found
here: http://www.sigterm.de/~daniel/C/index.html#textdraw

As written before, textdraw is built with ncurses so he had to
implement all the features (linedrawing etc.) for himself. That's the
first point to switch to another library.
The second one is to support real bitmaps.

I had a search on the net and found aalib and libcaca.
The AAlib is a little bit to complex to use (at least for me).
Libcaca has almost all features I need except input (e.g. getnstr from
curses).

Are there any plans to get a more general UI as caca_get_event()?

As I don't have any experience with CONIO / SLANG / X11 the only patches I
could give are for the NCURSES part in graphics.c

CU,
Daniel
--
Mi Mai 19 21:05:19 CEST 2004
Now playing:  Blondie - A Shark In Jet's Clothing/I Kn